The Institution "Labour Arbitration Court for Collective Labour Dispute Settlement" informs you and your partners on the fact, that in the framework of the social partnership system in Moscow for the first time in the Russian Federation was established a specialized structure for settlement of collective labour disputes, arising between employers and labour collectives in organisations with different property forms.
The Labour Arbitration Court was established by the Resolution of the Moscow Government dated 11.09.2001 N840-ПП "On establishment of the institution "Labour Arbitration Court for Collective Labour Dispute Settlement" in the framework of the international TACIS project EDRUS 9707 "Support to implementation of social reforms and the system of labour relations (social partnership and labour disputes)".
The founders of the Institution are: from the Government of Moscow - the Committee for Public Relations of Moscow, the Moscow Federation of Trade Unions, the Moscow Confederation of Industrialists and Businessmen (Employers), the Specialized Lawyers' Collegium "Injurkollegia".
The structure of labour arbiters consists of 50 persons, representing employers, trade unions, executive authorities, scientists and practicing lawyers. This structure is approved by Order N5 from 15.08.2002, issued by the Department for Collective Labour Dispute Settlement and Social Partnership Development in the Ministry of Labour and Social Development of the Russian Federation.
The main fields of the Institution's activities are the following:
- Consultative and practical support in settlement of collective labour disputes with participation of a mediator in the labour arbitration;
- Legal and organisational provision of activities for protection of rights and legal interests of employers and labour collectives in organisations with different property forms;
- Settlement and prevention of collective labour disputes, arising between employers and labour collectives in the sphere of labour legal relations;
- Increase of the level of professional knowledge of experts in the field of settlement of collective labour disputes;
- Solving some other socially useful problems in the sphere of labour legislation.
- To achieve these purposes the Institution carries out the following activities:
- Provides conferences, seminars and lectures on the subjects, concerning labour legislation of the Russian Federation and Moscow;
- Organises courses for vocational training and improvement of professional skills in the field of labour and employment legislation for enterprises/employers, trade union organisations, law firms, ministries and departments;
- Participates in development and analysis of draft laws, belonging to labour legislation, and in revision of the current legal acts in view of experience and recommendations of the International Labour Organisation, provisions of conventions of the International Labour Organisation, generally accepted international practice and obligations of the Russian Federation in the framework of international agreements;
- Organises publication of articles on the labour legislation issues, including the problems of collective labour dispute settlement, in special printing editions and in the mass media, including electronic mass-media, it also organises preparation of topical programmes for TV and broadcast.